STAVELEY CARNIVAL DAY
Sunday 18th June 2017
…plus events over Carnival Weekend Friday 16th -Sunday 18th June 2017
Four colour groups for procession:
**WORKSHOPS START 2nd MAY 2017 **
This will be the last year of the Staveley Carnival Arts Project so lets make it the best yet!!
You’ve got plenty of time to plan your entry, we thought you may like some inspiration from the original Wearable Arts Show in New Zealand https://www.worldofwearableart.com/
Entries open to everyone. Contact Shelley Barlow to enter 07866 747 685
Wearable Arts Nights will run in Staveley Village Hall LA8 9LY
Winning entries will be printed in a beautiful full colour photobook celebrating Staveley carnival over the years.
The book will be available to order in 2017
Refresh your memory…:
- 2000 Earth, Wind, Fire, Water
- 2002 Japan, Mexico, Australia, Africa
- 2004 Legends of The Foothills, Myths of The Warrior World, Tales of the Ocean Kingdom, Magical Fantasies of Music
- 2006 Flowers, Frost, Fairies, Feathers
- 2008 Contemporary Wings, Ancient Wings, Futuristic Wings, Magical Wings
- 2010 Community Umbrellas, Natural Umbrellas, Industrial Umbrellas, Adventure Umbrellas
- 2012 Yellow, Green & White Insects, Orange, Lime & Black Insects, Red, Bright Blue & Silver Insects, Shocking Pink, Brown & Light Blue Insects
- 2014 Orange, Purple & Black Mystical Magical Creatures, Blue, Green & Silver Mystical Magical Creatures, Red, Yellow & Silver Mystical Magical Creatures, Pink, Lime & White Mystical Magical Creatures.
- 2017 The Grand Finale, Big and Fantastic. Tones of blue, Shades of red, Hues of green, Orange and Yellow
PHOTOS OF WHOLE EVENT (the procession, wearable arts, on the field, performances, the finale etc)
SEND ENTRIES To email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Shelley, Staveley Carnival Photo Comp, Shellkorbar, Kentmere Rd, Staveley, LA8 9JF.
Format: Digital .jpeg high resolution. Only high quality and clear images can be accepted.
Digital entries should be saved with file name: yearnametelephine.jpg
Please provide your full name, telephone, year the photo was taken.